Saturday, October 8, 2011

Menominee, Michigan

Yes, I’m still traveling --- just way behind on my blogging.  I am going to try to catch up in the next couple of weeks.  Just so you know, I am slowly making my way back south. I left Michigan about 2 weeks ago.   I will be headed to  North Alabama tomorrow to check out a couple of state parks, then back to Georgia for a while.

After Iron River I headed down to Menominee, MI. While there, I stayed at River Park Campground.  This campground is on the river that divides Michigan and Wisconsin.  Every morning I would walk to Wisconsin!! That sounds better than saying I took my typical 3 – 5 mile walk. This is the bridge over the river headed towards Wisconsin.  The campground is on the left and you can just make out my RV. 

men_bridge

On my morning walk, I walked along the River and saw some great homes, mostly Victorian.  One of them was pink and every time I walked by I thought it looked like a home for Barbie.   The color is a bit off in the picture the home was very pale pink, with pinkish/lavender trim.

men_barbie_house

While there I did a bit of light hiking and bike riding, and also took my car to the shop in Green Bay, Wi.

My next stop was Munising, Mi – home of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.

No comments:

Post a Comment