Saturday, October 31, 2015

Indian Harbor, Nova Scotia (Peggy’s Cove)

I stayed at King Neptune Campground in Indian Harbor, Nova Scotia August 23 – 29.  The RV park was less than 10 minutes from Peggy’s Cove, so I visited that area several times.  The first time I went it was very crowded and I didn’t spend too much time there.

Indian_harbor_peggys_cove1

I went back a few more times in the early morning and late afternoon and enjoyed it much more.

inIndian_harbor_peggys_cove3Indian_harbor_peggys_cove11Indian_harbor_peggys_cove12

The RV park I stayed at was on the water.  The first spot I had I could see the cove.

Indian_harbor_r park

I watched 2 gulls fighting over some lobster.  Even the birds eat well around here!

Indian_harbor_rvpark5

After my first day, I changed sites so I could see more of the ocean.  Next to me was a Sun Deck RVs by Airstream.  This RV has a deck on the roof of the RV. They only made 20 – 30 of these RVs.

Indian_harbor_rvpark2

Sunset from my campsite -

Indian_harbor_rvpark3

While there I biked part of the Rails to Trails St Margaret’s Bay Trail twice.

Indian_harbor_biketrl1Indian_harbor_biketrl2

I drove into Halifax a couple of times and on one trip, I visited the Fairview Lawn Cemetery.  This cemetery is known for having some of the Titanic victims buried here.

Indian_harbor_Hallifax_cemetary4

The Titanic plot is in the shape of a ship and contains many graves, some known only by a number and some identified. The smaller tombstones were bought by the cruise line, White Star Line. 

P4300890 (1024x683)

Indian_harbor_Hallifax_cemetary2There were several touching quotes on the tombstones as in the one above “He remained at his post of duty, seeking to save others regardless of his own life and went down with the ship.”.

Indian_harbor_Hallifax_cemetary3

The grave above was originally an unknown child, but much later identified.

The grave below had many visitors in 1997 after the movie Titanic came out.

Indian_harbor_Hallifax_cemetary

But Jack Dawson from the movie is a fictional character.  The J. Dawson above is a Joseph Dawson and was part of the crew.  James Cameron, the movie director, claimed he had no idea there was a Dawson on the ship.

From Indian Harbor I headed north to Parkers Cove, Nova Scotia.

No comments:

Post a Comment