Thursday, July 23, 2015

La Scie, Newfoundland–Part 2

Between the RV park and the Lookout, there were stairs that lead down to a small cove.  It was a beautiful place. 

nl_lascie_d1_beach

The beach was one of those places you have to pull up a rock, sit down and enjoy the view.

nl_lascie_d5_relaxing

Especially when an iceberg had come in the night before.  You can click on the picture above to see it closer, or just look at the close-up below of the iceberg that came to our beach.

nl_lascie_d5_5

While sitting there a while late one evening, the iceberg rotated giving some interesting different views, the the sun start getting lower giving it interesting color.  I did not do anything special to the camera to make these colors happen --

nl_lascie_d5_10

I liked the blue streak in the iceberg below.  This picture was taken from the lookout.  The second picture shows the same iceberg the next day.  nl_lascie_d5_blue_streaknl_lascie_d6_2Just a picture I liked from another iceberg.nl_lascie_d6_10This iceberg floated in one night and we watched it for several hours hoping it would break.  It never did while we were watching it.  nl_lascie_d6_fishing_boatBy the end of the day, it had rotated and melted and looked like this -- nl_lascie_d6_end_of_dayOne of my dreams was to get a picture of an iceberg and a whale in the same shot.  Next time I dream I will make sure I have a more specific dream.

nl_lascie_d6_iceberg_whale with circle

Above is a bad picture of an iceberg and a very bad picture of a Minke Whale (He is circled in red).  So new dream (even though I probably will not see anymore icebergs) – get a Great picture of an iceberg and whale,  preferably with the whale breaching!!  If I am going to dream I might as well dream big!!

I have been doing this blog for 6 years and this is a first for me.  A picture of me, that is not just my foot or a shadow!  My neighbor took the following picture of me, my RV and the iceberg I mentioned above --

nl_lascie_from_peggy_and_rich

Below is a panoramic shot of the harbor/marina, RV park (my RV is the third one of the 5 RVs), and a few icebergs.

nl_lascie_d5_panoramic

A couple of fishing village shots (and icebergs in 2 of the 3 shots)--

P4180760 (1280x853)P4180772 (1280x853)P4180776 (1280x853)

I have many more shots I thought about posting, but I think the ones in these 2 blogs show a good representation of what I did and saw in La Scie.  From here, I headed to Twillingate.

No comments:

Post a Comment