Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Sun City, AZ part 2

There was a bike trail nearby that I enjoyed, the New River Trail.  This is the same name as one of my favorite rail trails in Virginia, but is quite different.  This is a paved trail in the Phoenix metro area where you can go for a long distance without having to stop at intersections.  The trail goes under bridges so you don’t have to cross roads.  The scenery wasn’t great, but I enjoyed the hummingbirds and saw a couple of Road Runners.

suncity_az_newrivertrail1_thumb1suncity_az_newrivertrail3_thumb1

suncity_az_newrivertrail5_thumb1suncity_az_newrivertrail4_thumb1

I visited the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix in between repairs.   My back and legs were still bothering me, but I am learning to just take more breaks when I do things.   I took advantage of several benches!

suncity_az_desert_bot_gd1_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd2_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd3_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd4_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd5_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd6_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd7_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd8_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd9_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd10_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd11_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd12_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd13_thumb1suncity_az_desert_bot_gd14_thumb1

No comments:

Post a Comment