Sunday, June 5, 2016

Jamestown, TN

From May 17 – 23, I went back to Jamestown, TN.  I was there in 2011 and really enjoyed it and have been wanting to go back.  But as has been my luck the last month or so it rained a good bit so I didn’t get to hike as much as I wanted.

After looking at my pictures, many of them were taken from the same place as the ones I posted on my blog in 2011.  So instead of putting them in my blog again, you can see the 2 previous blogs here.

2011 Jamestown, TN and Big South Fork Part 1

2011 Jamestown, TN and Big South Fork Part 2

A few things I didn’t have in my blog before are below.

To get to the Slave Falls Trailhead, you go on an interesting road.  At first, I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to go down it thinking maybe it was a 4-wheel drive road.  But I went for it and had no problems.  

Jamestown_to_slave_falls

Twin Arches is a really interesting spot in  Big South Fork National Recreation Area.  It is impossible to get a picture of the 2 joined arches, but here is a drawing of them that is on one of the informational signs.

Jamestown_twin_arches6

Walking on top of Twin Arches -

Jamestown_twin_arches3

From Jamestown, I continue heading north and stopped at a place that I stop almost every time I head to Michigan – Shipshewanna, IN.  I will post about that stop in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment