Friday, June 20, 2014

Shipshewana, In

Once again, I stopped at Shipshewana, Indiana.  I was there June 1 – 7.  

While there, I walked a bit but mostly biked.  About a mile from my Campground is the Pumpkinvine Trail, another rails to trails path.  The first few days, I drove a mile to bike about 20 miles.  Then I got smart and rode the mile to the trail.  The road is a busy one, but there is a wide shoulder where the Amish and Mennonite walk and bike along with the horse and buggies. 

The trail went past many farms and a couple of RV manufacturers. 

A bad thing about this trail --

There is a Dairy Queen in Middlebury just beside the trail.  I thought that would be great on a warm day, a place to get some ice cream.  But I did not stop, of course I typically ride early in the morning so I did not have any ice cream cravings!

On Tuesday, I went to the flea market in Shipshewana.  It is huge!  Since I am not a shopper, my pedometer showed that I walked 30 minutes without stopping. 

shipshewana_flea_market

From here, I headed into Michigan with my first stop being in Manistee, MI to be a base for touring the west side of Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment