Sunday, June 16, 2013

Torrey, Utah–Part 2

I also hiked the Grand Wash Trail. This is walk in another wash. There was a rock with a couple of holes in it near the trail, so of course I had to take a picture thru it! 

tor_cap_grand_wash_trl1_thumb[1]

tor_cap_gwt4_thumb[1]

tor_cap_gwt5_thumb[2]

I found the alcove above, where I enjoyed the shade! I also liked the stripes on the cliff on the left.

The rock below interested me, it looked like it had the measles. The rock was formed from many layers (like the rock in the bottom right). I think the “measles” came about because the red in the rock eroded faster than the white.

tor_cap_gwt2_thumb[1]

Another day, I drove back down Scenic Highway 12.  I enjoyed the scenery from the road, but my main destination that day was the Devil’s Garden in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.   This area is similar to Goblin’s Valley, but the formations are fewer and larger. 

This was another place with no real trail. But it was easy to walk around and thru the rock formations. Below is one of 2 small arches in the area.

In part 1 of Torrey, I mentioned that the Western Tanager’s were camera shy.  I spotted a lizard that was not camera shy at all. In fact he seemed to follow me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment