Monday, November 12, 2018

Hurricane, UT–part 4 Valley of Fire St Park, NV

While in Valley of Fire State Park, I also hiked the White Domes trail.  Great fun, sand dunes, slot canyon, colorful rocks…

Headed up -

Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp39

Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp38

Headed back down -

Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp37

Looking back up where I came from-Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp27Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp36

Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp33Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp30I loved the rocks just out of the slot canyon, beautiful colors and patterns.Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp29

Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp28Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp27Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp34

Another trail – Fire Wave.  This trail was awesome!  After walking around a bit, I headed back and saw a sign that said do not walk on the wave or maybe it was just part of it.  I missed the sign the first time so may have been walking where I wasn’t supposed to, but I wasn’t the only one.  If I was in the wrong place, they need to put up better signs or maybe I just need to do a better job at reading them!  But it was so great I hope people can continue walking it. 

Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp8Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp9Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp10Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp11Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp14Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp16Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp17

Other pictures from the park --

hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp1hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp2Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp3Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp4Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp5Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp6Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp22Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp23Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp24Hurricane_ut_valleyoffire_sp25

No comments:

Post a Comment