Sunday, August 9, 2015

Port Rexton, part 4

I took so many pictures while in  Port Rexton that I needed to do 4 blogs, sorry about that.

While I was whale watching from Cape Bonavista I was talking to a local who told me about Spillars Cove.  It sounded interesting so I headed out there.  Luckily, while there I meet a couple from Texas, but who have a summer home in the area and they pointed out some things for me including a place to get close to the puffins.

nl_pr_spillarscove_44

nl_pr_spillarscove1nl_pr_spillarscove7nl_pr_spillarcove8nl_pr_spillars_cove2nl_pr_spillarscove3

nl_pr_spillarscove10

The puffin above was on a ledge about 10 feet away from me.  The others above him were on a sea stack. 

Neat area, I walked the trail for 30 minutes or so. 

While in Port Rexton, I visited the town of Trinity a couple of times.  It is a neat little town and I found a great craft shop there called Mirabella.  I bought a few things I didn’t really need!

Scenery into town --

nl_pr_trinitynl_pr_trinity_st_pauls_anglican_church1nl_pr_trinity_st_pauls_anglican_church2I found the church and the cemetery very interesting.  Some of the tombstones dated back to the late 1700’s.

From here, I headed to Eastport, NL just north of Terra Nova National Park. 

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I really like the pics. Great job! Jackson says hi.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete