Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Arizona

It’s hot.  It has been 100+ for the last several days, and they expect it to continue.  I was expecting heat, but I didn’t really think it would be this bad.

Since in Arizona, I have done some hiking – all in the morning before it gets to 100 degrees.  One of my favorite places in Arizona is Chiricahua National Monument.  http://www.nps.gov/chir/index.htm 

One of my cameras decided to mess up  and I didn’t get many good pictures.  So the pictures attached from Chiricahua are from a previous trip.  Actually, one of the pictures on my first blog –(Feb 13) is a picture of Chiricahua.  This time I hiked the Echo loop trail – it’s my favorite in the park.   chir 2 640 x 480

chir 3 640 x 480

chir 640x480

 

I did some hiking in Saguaro National Monument and Sabino Canyon.   I also went to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum (http://www.desertmuseum.org/).  Many of you know I am not a museum type person, but this isn’t your typical museum.  It’s more of a zoo, garden and hiking trails in the desert.  There are a lot of birds around here.  One of these days, I’ll learn more about birds, maybe joining some bird watching trips.  The first picture is from Sabino Canyon, the others were taken at the Museum.

 sabino 640 x 480  desert mus 3 640 x 480 desert mus 2 640 x 480desert mus 640 x 480

In addition to having some fun hiking, I’ve bought new tires for my CRV and have replaced the smaller of my 2 cameras since it appears to be no longer working.  So full time RVing is not all fun and games, you still have to do the normal day to day type things (car and house maintenance, laundry, dealing with insurance agents {chging to Texas policies}…).

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed the Desert Museum too. Although it's better when the weather is cooler!! Fun to read about your adventures!!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete