Sunday, December 22, 2019

Full timing is coming to an end!

I know I haven't kept this blog up-to-date, it's about a year-and-a-half behind and I have still been traveling.   Last year I spent about three months in Idaho and absolutely loved it.  I definitely want to add this to my blog because it was  new to me. I rode several rail trails in Idaho including the Hiawatha bike trail.  This trail has several  tunnels including  one that is about a mile long.

Since then I've basically done some of the same stuff that I've always been doing, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida...

Hopefully I will eventually update the blog with everything for the last year-and-a-half.  But the reason I'm here today is to let you know that I am hanging my keys up. I've been thinking about it for a while.  Tryng to decide if I wanted a new RV to keep full timing or what I wanted to do. Well, I have signed a contract to build a cabin in the mountains in North  Carolina.   I thought I would keep traveling until about April but due to an RV issue I am hanging the keys up earlier.   I will be renting a cabin close to where I'm building one.  So I have another couple of weeks in the RV and then that's it.

Driving back from Florida yesterday, I had some emotional moments thinking about giving this up.  I really love the full timing lifestyle but due to several issues I need to give it up at least for a while.  I need to work on my weight and some other medical issues that I feel will be easier off the road.  Also I will be closer to my mom. 

I plan on selling my RV.  It does have a few issues but at 11 1/2 years old and more than a 100,000 moles you would expect this.  If anyone knows someone who'd like a 2008 Lazy Daze MB let me know and I'll tell them every problem I'm aware of.  (I would not be a good used car salesman ).  I will eventually get another RV.  That will probably be a year or more down the road.  At that time I'll probably travel half a year and stay in the cabin half the year.  Who knows?

I hope everyone  has a great Christmas!








No comments:

Post a Comment