Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wyalusing State Park and Shipshewanna, IN

In mid-September, I visited Wyalusing State Park in SouthWest Wisconsin for a few days.  On my way there, I was stuck in traffic for 20 minutes or so.  You know when you see a medical helicopter come in it’s bad.

Wyalusing_st_pk0

At Wyalusing State park my first spot was very muddy, so I was lucky enough to be able to move to a spot with a good view.

Wyalusing_st_pk14

One day I watched a storm move in and we had a few minutes of scary wind!

Wyalusing_st_pk4

My second morning the sun and fog made for some fun scenery.

Wyalusing_st_pk1

 

Wyalusing_st_pk2

I did a couple of small hikes, one being the Sugar Maple Trail.  The sign below was posted at the trailhead.  It made me think twice about going hiking!  Stinging Nettles, Poison Ivy and Wild Parsnip are not to be  messed with.

Wyalusing_st_pk8

Wyalusing_st_pk6

From Wyalusing, I started  South with my first stop back in Shipshewana, IN.  Since I have blogged about it several times I will not again except for one photo that I should not have taken.

shipshewana2

The Amish do not like having their picture taken, but I admit that I have taken a few when their backs are turned or if they are far enough away that you can’t identify them.  I love watching them farm and this farm was just beside the Pumpkinvine Bike trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment