Friday, December 16, 2016

Springfield, OH Buck Creek State Park

In early October, I went to Buck Creek State Park in Springfield, Ohio.  My main purpose for this stop was to bike part of the Little Miami Scenic Trail.  This is the 3rd longest paved trail in the US.  It’s more than 78 miles, but I only rode a small portion of it.    There is a connector trail from Buck Creek State Park to the trail, but in taking that you ride through downtown Springfield and I didn’t really want to do that.  So I drove to Xenia and went from there. 

I rode 26 miles one day and 30 miles one day.  There were some great bike stops on this trail and some good scenery.  I like bridges and this trail had some interesting ones.

The trail goes under this covered bridge -

Springfield OH_buck_creek_st_pk_little_miami_trl1

And 2 old railroad bridges --

Springfield OH_buck_creek_st_pk_little_miami_trl12

Springfield OH_buck_creek_st_pk_little_miami_trl13

I would like to go back and spend some more time on different parts of this trail.

My next was West Virginia as I continue my journey south.

No comments:

Post a Comment