Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Iron River, MI

Once again, I am very behind in my blogging. 

During August, I stayed in Iron River where I have stayed several times before.  I enjoy the Apple Blossom Trail that is next to the park.  I walked and biked it just about everyday for the first couple of weeks.  I also went into Wisconsin and the Crystal Lake trail a couple of times.  It was a little hillier than I am used to, but was fun. 

I also went to several waterfalls that I have posted about before, so I will just post one of my favorites, Bond Falls.

iron_rver_bond_falls1

One day while walking the Apple Blossom trail I noticed the back of my foot was occasionally hurting.  After a couple of miles I turned around and headed back to the RV park.   By the time I got back it really hurt.  Many years ago, I had problems with a bone spur on the bottom of my heel.  It sort of felt like that.  So for a few days I didn’t walk much, I did bike as that didn’t seem to hurt.  I tried walking again and it bothered me again. 

After doing some research on the web, I think I have a pump bump (Haglands deformity).   I was hoping it would magically go away, but hasn’t so I have a doctor’s appointment in a week or so to see what it is and what I can do about it. 

From Iron River I headed to Chippewa Falls, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment