Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lake Louisa State Park–Clermont ,FL

Just a note, I mentioned on my last blog that I would attempt to catch up on my blog during the rain.  Well that was supposed to be while I was at Grayton Beach, but it ended up not raining as much as they predicted.  So I ended up spending more time at the beach that at  my computer.  But I am currently at the Escapees Park in Summerdale, AL and it is raining!

In Late January, I spent a week at Lake Louisa State Park.   Most days I walked 4 miles and biked.  There were hills in the park, a rare thing in Florida.  They were not huge, but enough that I could tell when biking.   I am not good at hills and felt it was good for me!

Below is one of the lakes I passed on my morning walks (not Lake Louisa).

Lake_louisa_sp_lake

One day, I went to the Crooked River Preserve which is on the North side of Lake Louisa.  It had rained a good bit and part of the trail was under water so I had to backtrack a little bit, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Trail shot--

lake_louisa_sp_crooked_river_preserve2

Sink hole – -- lake_louisa_sp_crooked_river_3I think this is a Ring-necked Duck --lake_louisa_sp_crooked_river_4

I have always liked looking at water leaves.  I want to call them lily pads, but I know not all “water leaves” are lily pads.  Anyway, the day I was there it was very windy and the leaves on the water would flip up almost like a stadium doing the wave! Below is one leaf waving!lake_louisa_sp_crooked_river_5

lake_louisa_sp_crooked_river_preserve1

A couple of days, I drove to the Van Fleet trail to ride my bike.  This trail is known for being extremely straight, on the entire 29 mile trail there are no hills and only 1 or 2 curves.  I biked about 30 miles (15 miles and turned around to ride back to the car) and never had to turn my bike except to turn around and turn to get to the car.  Part of the trail went through the Green Swamp Wilderness Preserve.  I didn’t take too many pictures, but below is the straight trail with 2 deer crossing in front of me.  If interested in the trail, look at Top 10 bike trails in Florida, Van Fleet trail

lake_louisa_sp_van_fleet_trail

The trail is quite remote and some people may not like it, but I really loved it!!  I have now ridden 6 of the 10 trails listed in the website above.  Florida is a great place for biking.

From here, I headed to Silver Springs State Park in Ocala, FL.  I will blog about that shortly as they are calling for more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment