Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sanibel, Part 2

I drove down to Shark Valley in the Everglades a couple of times.  I enjoy biking their 15 mile trail.  The water was a bit high so the wildlife was not as abundant as I’ve seen it in the past (note,  I am currently back in South Florida and went back a couple of weeks ago and it was magnificent!).

I did see several alligator, one guarding the trail up to the watch tower.

san_everg_tower_guard

And another just beside the bike trail –

This big guy was off a dirt road that is known for it’s wildlife -

Another place I visited was the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.  One of the best things I saw was just before I turned into the sanctuary.   Mom and child -

As you have seen in my previous blogs, Sanibel is known for it’s shells. I have picked up so many in the past that I don’t really shell anymore, but occasionally pick one up.  But I did see some things on the beach before that I have never seen.

The above stingray had washed up on shore and was dying when I saw him.  He was beautiful.

I also saw the following creature.  I think it is some type of eel, but I haven’t been able to identify him.

I decided to find some new things to see since every time I come here I seem to go to the same places.   I found Six Mile Slough which is a county park and very nice.  

Most mornings, I walked 5 - 6 miles but a couple of mornings  I walked about 8 miles from my condo to the lighthouse and back. 

Now for my sunrise and sunset pictures --

From Sanibel, I headed back to Ga for Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment