Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cooper Falls State Park–Mellen, WI

I came to this area because of all the waterfalls in the area.  If you don’t like waterfalls, you might not like this blog!

After setting up in the park, I noticed a weird looking contraption across the road from my camp site.  I didn’t know what it was until I saw the sign on the back of it --

A “Problem Black Bear” in this area, this could make for an interesting trip!  I wasn’t too far from the trash receptacles so I am guessing that some bear was trying to get into the trash.  Luckily it didn’t happen while I was there.

About 1/2 mile from my campsite was a 1.7 mile hike around several waterfalls and a gorge.  I enjoyed it so much that it became my morning walk. 

Copper Falls -

Brownstone Falls -

Tyler Cascades -

An interesting tree stump seen on the trail--

During one of my morning walks on this trail,  I saw a Bald Eagle and during another I saw a deer and 2 fawn.

One day I visited 2 other state parks in Northern Wisconsin – Pattison and Amnicon.   At Amnicon, the river falls quite a bit in a short distance.  There are several waterfalls within just a few minutes walk.  I looked at the campground in this area and decided this would be a good place to camp.

Pattison State Park is also known for it’s waterfalls.

Pattison Waterfall -

To get an idea of the the size of this waterfall, note the overlook on the left side at the top of the waterfall.

Little Manitou waterfall is also at Pattison State Park -

From Copper Falls State Park, I made my way into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  This is where I am publishing my blogs as I have internet access.  While I don’t spend as much time on my PC as I used to, I didn’t realize how much I missed it until I couldn’t use it for almost a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment