Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Redwoods National Park

Yes, I know it’s been a while since I blogged.  Part of the reason is that my next stop was the Redwoods National Park and I don’t like any of the pictures that I took!!  I wasn’t originally planning on coming down to Northern California, but after my day trip to the Redwoods from Brookings I knew I wanted to spend more time in the area. 

The trees were fantastic, I have never seen anything like this!  I don’t know the man in the picture below, just a fellow photographer.  But with him in the picture you can tell how huge the tree is.

I went on several hikes in this area.  My favorite was Boy Scout Trail.  Lots of huge redwoods, ferns and at the end of the trail was a small waterfall. 

In addition to the redwoods, there were some great coastal scenery around.  The picture below was taken as the morning fog or marine layer was clearing up. 

I tried many times to take a picture that really shows how tall these trees are, but none came out like I hoped. 

Not only were the trees huge, but the ferns were huge.  I’m guessing some were 5 feet tall.

next stop – Bend, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment