Thursday, June 24, 2010

North Bend/Coos Bay, Or and Brookings, OR

I am combining 2 stops into one blog.  When I was in North Bend/Coos Bay and Brookings, Oregon it was grey and rainy a good bit of the time. 

The first couple of times that I saw sea stacks in the haze I thought they were magical and mystical -

But after seeing them like this for many days, it became much less magical!  The picture below was taken on a day that it tried to clear up!

I suppose that it is like this so much that people just get out anyway.  I’m trying to learn to do that, but it’s hard!

When I took the picture below, I just sat in the car and you can see why.

I went to Bandon, OR one day and enjoyed the town and the beach very much.  Next time I’m in the area I would like to stay in this town.  Bandon Beach had a Wildlife preserve that was great.  There were birds, seals, sea lions, sea stacks and sea life.

I went to Cape Arago State park one day and happened to be at the tide pools the same day a class was there.  What a great field trip.  But too many people for me.  I went to the other side of the cove until they left.

In the picture above there are hundreds of seals and sea lions.

I also drove down to California and saw the redwoods, but I enjoyed it so much that I decided to camp there for a few days so I’ll save those pictures for my next blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pam,
    I found your blog! I met you at the Salt Creek Rec area on the Olympic Peninsula earlier in the week. Your blog is very interesting and your photos are great! Post more often!!! I mentioned another blog, written by Laurie and Odel who have been fulltiming for several years. They also love the hikes and getting acquainted with "local flavors". Here is the link wecallithome.blogspot.com. I hope you enjoy it. Happy and safe travels to you in your grand adventure.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the website. I drove to Port Townsend a couple of days ago (from Sequim) and checked out Fort Flagler. I am going to try to stay there for a few days in a week or so.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete