Monday, March 29, 2010

Indio, CA

After Carlsbad, I drove back to Indio, CA.  Indio is another of the towns around Palm Springs.  As I mentioned previously I like this area.  Well this time, I stayed at a Spa.  Well, actually I stayed at Sam’s Family Spa Hot Water Resort.  It is a motel, mobile home park and campground all built around several hot mineral water springs.  In addition to the therapeutic hot mineral water pools, they have a great pool. 

I did a bit of hiking around the area, but I particularly enjoyed the pool.

IMG_0001

There was a very interesting nature preserve in the nearby town of Thousand Palms.  Of course I have heard of oasis in deserts, but I don’t think I have ever seen one.  In the Coachella Valley Preserve, they have a couple of oasis, with lots of palms - California Fan Palms.  They are interesting, the dead palm fronds don’t usually fall off but just hang from the trunk of the tree.IMG_0030

IMG_0039

Next I’m headed back to Lake Cahuilla county park (only about 45 minutes away) for a couple of weeks.  I hope to revisit Joshua Tree National Park, the Living Desert Museum and visit several places that I didn’t get to see when I was there before. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying traveling with you immensely. The pictures are incredible and your descriptions make me feel like I'm there. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete