Friday, May 20, 2016

Georgia–Fort Yargo and Watson Mill Bridge State Park

I am about 4 blogs behind and hope to catch up over the next week or 2.

The last 2 weeks in March I spent back at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder, GA.  I walked the 6 or 7 mile trail around the lake 5 times.  On part of the trail, you can see the campground across the lake.  Below is a picture with my RV in the middle.

ga1-fortyargo4

While at Fort Yargo, we had several foggy mornings.  I love looking at the view from my campsite in the fog.

ga1_fortyargo2ga1_fortyargo1

April 3 – 11, I headed back to Watson Mill Bridge State Park in Comer, GA.  As I have posted previously it has a great covered bridge, which I walked across almost every day.

ga1_watsonmillbridge

One day I hiked a couple of their trails.  I saw some blooming wild azaleas.

ga1_watsonmillbridge_trail

From Watson Mill Bridge, I took my RV back to the shop to get a problem fixed.  Unfortunately the fix required them to remove the black tank, so staying at the shop would not work.  I decided to go to Townsend, TN for a few days.  I will blog about that next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment