Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Georgia– Fort Yargo State Park, Dillard and Auburn (Apalachee RV)

Again this year I stayed at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder, GA for a while.  I was there the last week and a half of October.  Since I have blogged about it several times, I am not going to blog about it much. 

While there, I did get a new Smart phone.  So I had to try out the camera --

ftyargo_lake

ftyargo_bridge

There are a lot of features on the camera, that I need to learn.  While the pictures are not as good as my other cameras, it is nice to have this available when I don’t have a real camera!

During my stay at Fort Yargo, I walked the 7 mile trail around the lake 4 times  (that’s where I took the pictures above) and I started visits to my Doctors!  I also meet a couple of friends for lunch.

For the month of November, I headed up to Dillard, GA which is about 15 minutes from where my mom lives.  While there, I not only visited with my mom, but I also continued my doctor visits.   I had thought about taking pictures while at the doctors, but never did.  I even thought about it while getting a new crown at the dentist –yuck!! 

Also, while there I cleaned out my RV.  I dumped ever cabinet, drawer and outside storage cabinet and got rid of a bunch of stuff that I was not using.  I took a couple of loads to my storage unit and gave some stuff to GoodWill and Habitat for Humanity. 

From Dillard, I wanted to head someplace warm, it had been colder than I like in the GA Mountains.  But first I headed to Auburn, GA where I had some work done on my RV.  Nothing big, just a long list of things I needed to get done.  I had the work done at Apalachee RV.  I would strongly suggest this place if you need any work done.  They are great to work with.  I stayed in their parking lot for 3 nights. 

auburn_apalachee_rvAbove is my RV next to one of the Varsity catering trucks inside the shop.  At first I thought they were coming to the shop to give us hot dogs, onion rings and frosty oranges (Most people familiar with Atlanta and/or Athens, GA will know what I mean!!), but nope they were getting their generator worked on. 

After everything was done, I made my way to Skidaway Island State Park for a week and a half and then on to Jekyll Island, which is where I am currently. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall color - I really miss that in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you got to see family while there. Getting the rig serviced is important. I recently had a few things done to my Twin-King. Pretty sure you're going to enjoy the warmer weather. Take care.

    ReplyDelete