Friday, September 13, 2013

Buffalo, WY

After Anaconda, I headed to Buffalo, Wyoming for a few days.  I stayed at the Indian Campground and RV park.  While I was there they had a group of 3-wheeled motorcycles (or Trikes).  I was worried that they might be loud, but they weren’t  They were very quiet and nice, even offering all other guest of the park dessert one evening.  They had all kinds of Trikes.  Some just the typical 3 wheel motorcycle and others were one of a kind.  This is not the best picture, but it gives you an idea of the vehicles--

buffalo_campground

While in Buffalo, I visited the downtown area a couple of times.  Of interest to me was the Occidental Hotel.  This hotel has been in business for 131 years and has had some famous guest, such as Butch Cassidy, Teddy Roosevelt, Calamity Jane and more. 

The hotel has been preserved and invites non-hotel guest to visit some of the areas of the hotel.  The ceiling caught my eye and I later found out that it is the original ceiling, wow it’s 131 years old.  I wonder how many things built today will be standing in 131 years.

One of the day trips I took was to the Crazy Woman Scenic Drive.  I enjoyed this area very much.  Much of the drive is a dirt one lane road, with turn outs in case you meet someone. 

A few places there was room to pull over, which I took advantage of so I could walk around for a while. 

After leaving the canyon area, but before getting back to civilization, I saw several pronghorns.  One fairly close to the road caught my attention.  He appeared to be digging a hole.  After wondering what he was doing it for, I figured it out.

He was taking care of business and I was being rude and watching!!

More scenery from the area --

buffalo_scenery

From here, I headed to Loveland, Colorado.  I’ll blog about that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment