Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dillion, MT–part 2

After visiting Bannack State Park, I was excited to visit Virginia City and Nevada City.  I was not as happy when I got there.  They are much too touristy for me.  So much so, that I didn’t even stop in Carson City and only stopped in Virginia City for a few minutes.  I wanted to find the 2-story Outhouse that I had seen pictures of.

It is at the hotel in town and as you can see the outhouse is open, but I don’t think for business!!

I also visited  the Coolidge Ghost town, which is off the Pioneer Scenic Byway.  While on the Byway, I was delayed while cowboys (and in one case, a cowgirl) were moving cows from one place to another.

The silver mining town of Coolidge was built in the early 1900’s.  Unlike Bannack, it has nobody preserving it and most of the buildings are no longer standing.  The building below doesn’t look like it will last much longer.

I don’t know how this building (or part of a building) ended up in the river, but it made for an interesting sight.

A marmot watched me for a while as I was exploring --

From Dillion, I headed up to Missioula, MT where I visited another Ghost town and other neat places!    I’ll blog about that in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment