Sunday, August 12, 2012

Marquette, MI

I stopped in Marquette, MI for a few days and stayed at the Marquette Tourist Park.  My main reason for stopping in Marquette was to go to Best Buy.  I have been having problems with one of my cameras for a while and since I was going to be only 1.5 hours from here for more than a month, I finally had a chance to get it fixed.  So one day I ran errands in the morning, including dropping the camera off at Best Buy and then I went to Munising for the rest of the day. 

I did a bit of sightseeing (no major hiking) around Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.  Since I was just here last year it was not as exciting as it was then, but it’s still beautiful.

Marquette has some great bike trails.  The campground was beside one, so I never had to get on the road for some great biking!  Within a mile or so of the campground I could ride to the trail beside Lake Superior.  Most days, I would ride to Presque Isle Park, where I enjoyed the rocky shores.

From here I head to Houghton for a month!  I’m looking forward to be able to settle down for a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment