Thursday, August 13, 2009

Colorado Springs, CO

After Antonito, CO I went to Colorado Springs, CO for a fewCheyenne mtn cmpgrnd rv days.  I stayed at Cheyenne Mountain State Park.  My site was  great, it was on a mountain side.   The campground was a bit pricey, but was a full hookup park and there was a lot of room between sites.     Looking in one direction, I had a view of Cheyenne Mountain.  Here is the mountain behind my RV.  In the other direction I was looking over part of the army base just outside of Colorado Cheyenne mtn cmpgrnd sunrise Springs.  This picture was taken from the roof of my RV one morning.  I did get a good laugh – Just about every day I saw deer.  At my house, I considered them pest.  But when they are in the campground they are cute and I took pictures of them – interesting how things change! 

cheyenne mtn cmpgrnd deer

This campground has 20 or so hiking trails.  I stayed close to home and hiked several of these trails.  I also went to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs a couple of times.  It’s a free park and very beautiful.   Below are a couple of pictures from the Garden of the Gods park.garden_of_the_gods1

garden of the gods siamese twins

Off to Rocky Mountain National Park!

1 comment:

  1. dcrumpton@windstream.netAugust 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM

    I enjoyed looking and reading about your adventures! Your mom gave me the blog address and asked if I would try to reach you to tell you to call her. (I had lunch with you and your mom at the Cupboard Cafe last time you were in Rabun County.) Today is her birthday so I guess she was hoping to hear from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete