Saturday, July 30, 2016

Traverse City, Michigan

Once again I am way behind in my blogs and I have absolutely no excuse.  I am currently in Houghton, MI and have had time to do this, but for the most part the days have been beautiful so when I have time I sit outside and read or relax.

Anyway, June 11 – 15 I stayed at Holiday Park Campground in Traverse City.  It is an expensive RV park, especially if you get a water front/view spot which I had.  But it is a nice park.

While there I went into Traverse City once and walked around a bit.  But the most fun I had while there was biking the Leelanau Trail from Traverse City to Sutton’s Bay.   The trail is 17 miles long, but I started at a trailhead that was 2-3 miles into the trail.  I ended up riding about 29 miles the 2 times I rode it. 

Shortly after starting the trail, there were several gopher toroises (I think) that were drawing attention from the bikers and walkers.

traverse_city_trl_gopher_tortoise

traverse_city_gopher_tortoise

traverse_city_leelanau_trl

traverse_city_trl_sign

I really don’t understand the signs above, a warning sign about farm tractors and a quiet please sign!  Maybe their tractors are quiet?

From Traverse City I headed to Mackinaw City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment