Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grand Haven State Park, MI

Well, I thought I would catch up on my blog while in GA, but I have not touched it for several weeks!!  I am going to try to catch up during the next week.

After Lake Leelanau, Mi, I headed to Grand Haven State Park in Grand Haven, MI.  The State Park is on Lake Michigan, but the sites are very small.  I knew about this before making the reservations, but was still surprised.

gh_tiny_rv_spot

The spots were basically wide enough for my RV and car.   Some of the RVs with slides didn’t have room for their car.  But as you can see, that is Lake Michigan behind my RV.  So small, paved site with a nice view.   The picture below was taken just a few feet from my campsite on a windy day. 

There is a nice board walk that led from town to the campground and on to the pier above.  I walked it several times most days. 

I enjoyed watching all kind of water sports from my site.

Wave Runner -

Surfers -

Another Surfer - Taken from the Pier, looking back at the campground and my RV.

Sailing at sunset-

Kite Boarding - grand_har_kite_boardingI also saw kayaks, and whatever it’s called when they stand on a surf-like board and paddle. 

And one more sunset picture -

One day, I drove into Grand Rapids and went to the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.  I enjoyed it so much that I am going to blog about it next.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pam, I've been to that lighthouse. We have some friends that live about 10 minutes from there.

    ReplyDelete