Thursday, April 28, 2011

DeSoto State Park–Fort Payne, AL

After leaving Louisiana, I headed toward DeSoto State Park in Fort Payne, Alabama.  I have previously camped in this park, but in my camper van.  I like this area and it’s a nice state park.  Those who have been reading my blog, will probably recognize why I like this trail.  The rocks!!!  This trail is one of several within the park.

Desoto Falls is not in the State park, but down the road.

des_des_falls

Little River Canyon National Preserve is just a short drive away.  There is a little bit of hiking, and a nice scenic drive.  There are also some very steep roads in the area!! I tried to take a picture of one of them, but it didn’t really show how steep the road was. 

Since I will be so close to the GA mountains, I decided to stop for a couple of weeks to visit my mom and see some friends.  More on Ga in the next blog (Where I will tell you about how I survived the storm last night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment