Monday, November 12, 2018

Hurricane, UT- part 2, Zion National Park

While in Hurricane, I visited Zion National Park several times (late April).  Since Zion is so popular, many years ago the park system changed the main road in the park to a shuttle only road.  But you can bike or walk it.  A while back some Lazy Daze friends mentioned to me that you can put your bike on the shuttle to go up the canyon and then ride back.  Its downhill most of the way.  I tried it and loved it so much I did it 4 times, one day I did it twice!!  It was a great way to see this part of the park.  (Thanks Jim & Gayle!)

hurricane_zion2hurricane_zion5hurricane_zion6hurricane_zion8hurricane_zion10hurricane_zion13hurricane_zion20

One morning I got there in time for sunrise, so the shadows made the scenery a bit different. The first picture was from the parking lot while I waited on it to get light enough to ride my bike for a bit while waiting on the shuttles to start.

hurricane_zion_2ndday_15

hurricane_zion_2ndday_3hurricane_zion_2ndday_4hurricane_zion_2ndday_6hurricane_zion_2ndday_10 hurricane_zion_2ndday_2

hurricane_zion_2ndday_1

Another day, I did a scenic drive through the other part of Zion.

hurricane_zion_scenic_drive1hurricane_zion_scenic_drive4hurricane_zion_scenic_drive5hurricane_zion_scenic_drive6

No comments:

Post a Comment